Wow what a first day at Wimbledon, punters would of lost money for sure with some of the results. I picked 37 winners but 17 of my tips went down, among them Thomas Berdych who lost in three straight sets and his Wimbledon dream is now a nightmare with Gulbis " Freddy Kruger" sending the 6th seed packing.Gulbis is 6 wins from 11 matches in 2012 and lost last week at Queens to Simone Bolelli in straight sets Round of 64. Gulbis played his best match ever but really Thomas did you take this guy to cheap? Berdych would be no doubt waking up today and asking what went wrong? Another sure thing Flavian Pennetta the Ladies 16th seed went down to qualifier.Camila Giorgi in a battle of the Italians.I did give you one good tip fabulous Fabio beat Llodra of France. 5 times winner Venus Williams was also sent packing and on this performance she wouldn't win a "chook" raffle at a local pub! So my goal on Day 2 is to lift my percentage but the transition to grass will always bring upsets and Day 1 had its fair share!And I forgot to mention John Isner capitulating also first round!!!! ahhhhh another certainty packing his bags.
Centre Court (13:00 BST):
Akgul Amanmuradova (UZB) v. Petra Kvitova (CZE)
Thomaz Bellucci (BRA) v. Rafael Nadal (ESP)
Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) v. Andy Murray (GBR)
* This has to be a gimme court 3 out 3 winners here for sure! Unless Murray's Back plays up!
Court One (13:00 BST):
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) v. Lleyton Hewitt (AUS)
Irina Falconi (USA) v. Victoria Azarenka (BLR)
Jamie Baker (GBR) v. Andy Roddick (USA)
* Another 3 out of 3 here for sure! Ok heres the deal I have been a Hewitt supporter through most of his career but the Aussie Battler playing days are numbered his ranking is in the 200s and its only through past performance hes been given a wild card here.
Court Two (11:30 BST):
Bernard Tomic (AUS) v. David Goffin (BEL)
Serena Williams (USA) v. Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (CZE)
Robin Haase (NED) v. Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG)
Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v. Tamira Paszek (AUT)
* Well I'm yet to warm to Tomic and being an Aussie I want to support him...I'm just not convinced he is the real deal with what the press writes....he does have a reasonable draw however. Oh Serena surely you will not exit like your sister did,,,,and Del Potro will not have it all his own way against the Dutchman. Caroline should get through but tournaments wins have been few.
Court Three (11:30 BST):
Laura Robson (GBR) v. Francesca Schiavone (ITA)
Kevin Anderson (RSA) v. Grigor Dimitrov (BUL)
Laura Pous-Tio (ESP) v. Anne Keothavong (GBR)
David Ferrer (ESP) v. Dustin Brown (GER)
* I need to say how well the British girls are going especially the young ones such as Robson. I'm thinking Francesca will have too much experience but it will be a very interesting match up and could go the way of the Brit. Dimitrov is a former Junior Wimbledon champ and beat Anderson last week but in three sets.Anderson is suited to the Grass with a big serve but im going for the Federer Clone Grigor. Ferrer will not have it all his own way also as he plays the unorthodox Brown.I said yesterday i dont tip Brits but I am changing my tune!
Court Four (11:30 BST):
Lucie Safarova (CZE) v. Kiki Bertens (NED)
Mirjana Lucic (CRO) v. Alexandra Panova (RUS)
Marin Cilic (CRO) v. Cedrik-Marcel Stebe (GER)
Shahar Peer (ISR) v. Julia Goerges (GER)
* as the court numbers increase , so does the straight forwardness of the wins...
Court Five (11:30 BST):
Vera Dushevina (RUS) v. Aleksandra Wozniak (CAN)
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) v. Sofia Arvidsson (SWE)
Lukas Lacko (SVK) v. Adrian Ungur (ROU)
Kenny De Schepper (FRA) v. Matthias Bachinger (GER)
*punters stay clear of this court! Matches could go either way on this court.
Court Six (11:30 BST):
Jurgen Zopp (EST) v. Malek Jaziri (TUN)
Albert Montanes (ESP) v. Marcos Baghdatis (CYP)
Greta Arn (HUN) v. Galina Voskoboeva (KAZ)
* Geez! another court to stay clear of! Betting that is
Court Seven (11:30 BST):
Alex Bogomolov Jr. (RUS) v. Alexandr Dolgopolov (UKR)
Polona Hercog (SLO) v. Kristyna Pliskova (CZE)
Lukas Rosol (CZE) v. Ivan Dodig (CRO)
* dont bet your house on any of these players
Court Eight (11:30 BST):
Edouard Roger-Vasselin (FRA) v. Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (ESP)
Johanna Larsson (SWE) v. Melinda Czink (HUN)
Urszula Radwanska (POL) v. Marina Erakovic (NZL)
Alize Cornet (FRA) v. Nina Bratchikova (RUS)
* Interest on this court with New Zealander Erakovic playing...grass is her best surface so could get a win.
Court Nine (11:30 BST):
Jesse Levine (USA) v. Karol Beck (SVK)
Irina-Camelia Begu (ROU) v. Romina Oprandi (SUI)
Wayne Odesnik (USA) v. Bjorn Phau (GER)
Olga Govortsova (BLR) v. Annika Beck (GER)
* I have gone against the American guys here ....
Court 10 (11:30 BST):
Chanelle Scheepers (RSA) v. Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ)
Andrey Kuznetsov (RUS) v. Florent Serra (FRA)
Tatsuma Ito (JPN) v. Lukasz Kubot (POL)
Anastasiya Yakimova (BLR) v. Mandy Minella (LUX)
* no eventual winners on this court
Court 12 (11:30 BST):
Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo (ESP) v. Mardy Fish (USA)
Casey Dellacqua (AUS) v. Marion Bartoli (FRA)
Jurgen Melzer (AUT) v. Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI)
Yanina Wickmayer (BEL) v. Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)
* not a bad line up on this court
Court 14 (11:30 BST):
Kei Nishikori (JPN) v. Mikhail Kukushkin (KAZ)
James Ward (GBR) v. Pablo Andujar (ESP)
Roberta Vinci (ITA) v. Ashleigh Barty (AUS)
* Throw the dice on this court, Nishikori hasn't played a match for a while but should win, James ward is a british male player and I only tip Murray Andy that is and Excited to see how Barty does and being an Aussie will not tip against her this round.
Court 16 (11:30 BST):
Brian Baker (USA) v. Rui Machado (POR)
Go Soeda (JPN) v. Igor Kunitsyn (RUS)
Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) v. Simona Halep (ROU)
Kimiko Date-Krumm (JPN) v. Kateryna Bondarenko (UKR)
* Great Story with Baker out for 6 years with Injury coming through the qualies hes a special to win this one and who would back a 41 year old....Me ! Date Krumm for the win
Court 17 (11:30 BST):
Matthew Ebden (AUS) v. Benoit Paire (FRA)
Patricia Mayr-Achleitner (AUT) v. Varvara Lepchenko (USA)
Jana Cepelova (SVK) v. Kristina Mladenovic (FRA)
Vasek Pospisil (CAN) v. Sam Querrey (USA)
* ebden has a good first round match up its winnable if your any good....is he any good that the question?
surely the other tall yank wont do a runner...wonder what Brad the mouth had to say about Isner?
Court 18 (11:30 BST):
Feliciano Lopez (ESP) v. Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)
Elena Baltacha (GBR) v. Karin Knapp (ITA)
Coco Vandeweghe (USA) v. Sara Errani (ITA)
Santiago Giraldo (COL) v. Milos Raonic (CAN)
* Now if I had to pick anyone outside the big 4 in the men its Milos ! hes going to be hard to beat so keep an eye out for him.
Court 19 (11:30 BST):
Stephanie Dubois (CAN) v. Jie Zheng (CHN)
Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER) v. Tommy Haas (GER)
Ivo Karlovic (CRO) v. Dudi Sela (ISR)
Gee tough court and if you dont have main court tickets get a seat here and you wont be disappointed , Sela is hard to beat if your not top 10 and Karlovic is not top 10 ..the veteran Haas or Nadal slayer Kohlschreiber
NOT BEFORE 5:00 PM:
Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) v. Klara Zakopalova (CZE)
Ana Ivanovic (SRB) v. Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez (ESP)"
Phew that is it and another great day with some very interesting match ups !