Friday, July 3, 2009

Wimbledon -Day 10


The Ladies finally produced a match worthy of epic Wimbledon matches with Serena Williams Defeating Elena Dementieva 6-7, 7-5, 8-6 for the win.The result was expected but not this close,Dementieva showed the benefits of a new fitness program which has worked to strengthen her especially in the service area.Serena now meets again her sister Venus Williams who gave Dinara Safina a grass court lesson and thrashing 6-1 6-0!

Men's Semi Final Preview.

Federer v Haas

This will be a good match however Federer will prevail,Haas has had a great tournament he has nothing to lose and can throw everything at Federer without too much expectation.Federer the favourite will feel some pressure and he knows Haas is a strong shot maker and his play suits the grass.Federer is who he is and this in the end will get him through but at times this will be an even contest.Federer in 4.

Murray v Roddick

Now if this wasn't Wimbledon I would say Murray ,Murray, Murray but this is England and the British public are just craving for a local to reach the final,Roddick has had the experience to not let the crowd support for Murray worry him.Murray knows what is expected of him, Henman could not handle this ,Murray mentally is tuff but Roddick is going to keep him honest, and at the end of the day I have gone for Roddick in 4 sets as even Murray cannot give the public what they so desperately wants and its this hurdle that once again will effect the outcome of the match.

Quotes about the semi's

Federer: I’m glad it's Haas and not Djokovic – he’s from my generation!"

Haas: "I always felt that on the grass maybe something is still there for me
left,"


Murray : "I understand that I can lose the next match if I don't play my best," Murray says. "That's been one of the things that I've learned, and it's made a huge difference to me over the last year or so. I feel confident because I've won a lot of matches on the grass. But every day when I get up to play the matches, I know that I'm going to have to perform very well, and that gets the nerves and the adrenaline going and makes me play better.

Roddick :With my serve, I can give myself a chance in any match. I've been in this situation many times," Roddick says. "I'm not gonna predict anything. I'm going to have to play well, and hopefully he would probably say the same. You know, so we'll get to it."

And from the Ladies

“You know, I wasn't sure if it's Serena or Andy Roddick on the other side, 125 all the time. You know, it was a huge percentage of the first serve.”
Elena Dementieva on her semi-final defeat to Serena Williams.

“My forehand didn't show up today. I think she went to Hawaii. (Laughter). But I've called and asked her, I should say, to come back for the final. Hopefully she'll be back. But, you know, it's always good to win when one of your stroke's on vacation.”

Lucky that the No.2 seed had her serve at home to make up for the loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment