Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Roland Garros 2013 The Dirt Files - Day 11

Recap: I thought Tsonga had a chance against Federer but no way did I think it would be all over in three straight sets.Give credit to Tsonga and especially his coach Aussie Roger Rasheed who started working with Jo earlier this year. Tsonga recruited the Adelaide-born Rasheed to drive previously unseen levels of fitness and grit. "There's no limit, really, to where Jo can go and what he can do in the sport," Rasheed said. "He's eight in the world and he can add so much more to what he's already got. That's pretty exciting but I've got to deliver it, he's got to embrace it and we see where the cards fall after that.

Rasheed said ""Fitness is a big part of it. It's a bit of a no-brainer in my mind; why wouldn't you tick that box? Once you've done that, it keeps your mind in a better frame and the decisions you make on the court are more sound for longer periods of time.
"You add the tennis package to that, the technical and the structural. Jo spent 18 months without a coach and obviously thought he needed to be pushed and challenged and motivated to a new level. He needed to have someone's eyeballs on him to drive him. He gave me a call and to be honest, it's been a natural fit."
Tsonga has improved but Federer was very average to what we expect of the G.O.A.T. Federer made 34 unforced errors 19 of those off the forehand side! I was dissapointed with Fed when he does go down a lot of times his shot selection is terrible. Below are some comments Rodger made in his press conference.
"I don't need anything special to digest this defeat. I'm not a baby. I'm ready to play another tournament"
"crushing loss" but "give some credit to old Jo-Willy Tsonga, please."
"In a way, I've moved past this loss already. I don't know what's next, I'll talk to my team to ready for Halle,
Honestly Rodger your team does have some work to do, your year has not been great so far and Wimbledon will be a big test.I will post a classic Rodger shot below made in one of the early rounds just to remind us that Rodger is a true legend.
 photo passingshotfed.gif

Yes Fed fans you can watch this over and over and Fed will always be at his best ! I know a few of you will be in let down mode so this picture is for you !



Other Big winners were Errani ,Williams and Ferrer. Williams was shown she is human just getting past Kuznetsova in three Errani and Williams meet in the semi's and Serena unless she breaks a finger nail will win this one. Ferrer sent Tommy Robredo packing showing how its done and I believe Ferrer is ready to reach his first grand slam final! Tsonga will not like to play some one like David who is tenacious , does not make unforced errors and makes you play , yep a lot of us have lost to players such as this even though we go onto the court thinking it should be a win!.Ferrer keeps good depth on his shots with good height over the net and I think he will be there to meet Nadal or Djokovic in the final.

My top three matches today follows below.



Shazza, Nads, and Djoker to all get through.



No comments:

Post a Comment