Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Aussie Open Tennis Day 3

Heat was a focus yesterday at the Open with temps 43 C experienced by players and spectators.Looking at the vacant seats in many of the venues fans were looking for the shade and left the players on court to deal with it.Canadian player Frank Dancevic fainted on court yesterday during his match.He finished on the losing end but did complete his match.He was critical of the organizers and the officials allowing players to risk their health. Ok my take on this is Frank your a pro tennis player , you are coming to Australia in January ...its going to be hot.When I see Rodger and Rafa and Lleyton collapsing because of the heat I may change my mind.Rodger Federer said the mind makes you feel hotter especially if you are on the losing end.Frank what you should of been saying is..I'm tough , I am pro its the same for the other guy come on the other side... sun give me more heat I'm going to take this guy down!As Fed said if you train hard enough there is no reason to quit!And that is why Fed is ranked in the top 10 and Frank your not.In typical whinging Pom style Andy Murray weighed in and said it was dangerous...your a grandslam champion ...your tougher than that.

Poor old Bernard Tomic cannot take a trick and was Boo'd by the crowd when he had to default.I have no question that he was injured and the right thing to do ....but the question I ask... is he working hard enough off the court?.I think if he has ambition to break the top 10 then he must really up his off court training and give quality in every session.I am sure he works hard but he can go another level for sure!

I had the pleasure of watching both Nick Kyrgios and Thansai Kokkinakis win both their first round matches.Nick has a huge serve and big forehand weapons that will take him far in the Men's game he is 19 as does Thansai who battled cramping to win his match.More impressive Kokkinakis is only 17.
Nick has had shoulder trouble and this did seem to flare at the end of the match so lets hope its not major and Thansai will be even more match hardened physically .He will have to be as a dream match Rod Laver Arena awaits him against Rafa Nadal! What can I say about Hewitt Love him or hate him he gives it all!

Matches of Interest for me Today

Pat Rafter & Lleyton Hewit vs Klaasen &Butorac-yep you read it correct 41 year old Pat Rafter...this match will fill Hisense Arena!

Gulbis vs Querrey-Really just interested how many rackets Gulbis breaks today.

Anderson Vs Thiem-Anderson had trouble in the first round with a rising young player , he gets no rest his opponent today is also in the rising star category.

Aussie Ebden and Dellacqua are in action also so may watch a little of them.

Fabio Fognini is also a favorite of mine so will watch this exciting Italian also.

Oh Kiwis will be happy Marina won!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks Serena! I've just won new points on ICU special aussie open contest! It's really fun, come and give your opinion: http://www.ichallengeyou.net/Tags/ausopen

    ReplyDelete