Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Long Road Home is Near the End, Federer Vs Murray Australian Open Men's Final 2010


The battle grounds are drawn ,The hopes of the British rest on the shoulders of a young Scot Andy Murray ,its been written countless times Murray will be a Grandslam Champion, the moment is near.........and the British Amarda( the press) has arrived in Melbourne to record this momentous event.But hold on a sec ,in his way is a legend perhaps the best player ever to pick up a tennis racket and Roger Federer will not just let the Murray destiny just happen.If it does we know to well Murray has truly arrived and he can conquer the highest mountain winning a Slam title. Murray had this to say when asked if he could win,"Have to wait and see, you know. I think, you know, if I play my best, I think I got a good chance against anyone. And then, you know, at the top of any sport, it can come down to, you know, a few points here or there, sometimes a little bit of luck. You have to wait and see. But if I play my best, I think I got a chance against anyone."

And Federer speaks about the pressure for both players

"look, he's in his second Grand Slam final now. I think the first one's always a bit tougher than the second one. But now that he didn't win the first one, I think doesn't help, you know, for the second one around.

Plus he's playing, you know, me, who's won many Grand Slams prior to that, been able to win here three times so I know what it takes and how to do it, which is definitely an advantage.

I don't feel like the pressure's really on me having to do it again, because I did it before. I think he really needs it more than I do, you know. So I think the pressure's big on him.

But we'll see how he's gonna handle it. It's not going to be easy for him, that's for sure."


Murray knows to well defeat will mean he has to read the British tabloids the next day and that provides also extra pressure.My thoughts on the match ,it will be tough Federer will have to be at his very best to win and if he is his game will be too good for the Murray game at his best.Also in one corner we have the very Animated support Box of Murray led by "Punch n Judy" Murray's Mum......and the more conservative support crew of Federer with his wife Mirka at the helm.

And a change of tack this from the Sunday News reports Tennis New Zealand is heading into deeper crisis with the prospect of a vote of no confidence in the board looming.

Sunday News understands a number of clubs and regions are so sick of the way the sport it being run that they're using Tennis NZ's proposal for a dramatic increase in membership affiliation fees as a way to vent their anger.Read the full story here

Talk about Ostrich and head in the sand syndrome,every body knows Tennis in this country is on the ropes Onny Parun has been telling us for the past few years.Sadly this generation of young tennis players will be lost because of ........running the game ,actually I'm at a lost for words and it would be inappropriate to use the word Idiots, if anyone else has a better word please leave it in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment