Saturday, January 23, 2010

Shock Loss For Clijsters - Rafa Marches On



Clijsters had no answers to her shock loss to Nadia Petrova last night "I was completely off. ... I didn't feel the ball at all." Its how the match unfolded in a one sided match that left spectators and supporters dumfounded at Kim's demise 6-0 6-1

"I made all the mistakes and she didn't really have to do much," a dumbstruck Clijsters said afterwards, struggling to explain how her tournament had come to such an abrupt and ugly end. "She served really well and was aggressive in the rallies, but that's because I let her play into the courts. Just because I wasn't feeling the ball well. It sucks."

World No. 2 Rafael Nadal has kept his Australian Open title defence alive, defeating the dangerous No. 27 seed Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-4 6-2 2-6 7-5 at Rod Laver Arena.

Kohlschreiber stepped up the attack to win the third set but rafa dug deep to close the match in four.

No comments:

Post a Comment