Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Roland Garros 2013 The Daily Dirt Day - 3

DAY 2 Recap:Well lets start with Rafa , he moves to the next round but for my liking he was pushed around way to much by Daniel Brands. Nadal thrives on a faster dry clay court so as the tournament progresses his camp will be hoping for hotter temperatures.He could of easily been down two sets to love but typical Nadal the fight and grit allowed him to win in 4 after dropping the first. Rafa you need to pick up your game and stop letting these guys bully you pushing you to far behind the baseline. Nadal said his opponent was trying to hit the ball as hard he could! He found he had not much time and was a little nervous early.I will paste the the Presser and you can see the whole interview along with the dumb ass questions some journalist ask!





What about Gail Monfils taking out the 5th seed Thomas Berdych , it was one of my top 3 matches from yesterday and it certainly provided us with inspiring tennis especially from Monfils. Asked where did today's tennis come from ,Monfils said this" I haven't got the exact answer, but my only answer is I worked.I worked.And I believed in myself.I have gone through very difficult moments,so necessarily, you know you get tougher.After this,as I usually say, its very strange,but here its magic here.Its magic....Its a place where I feel really good,and yeah, I can go beyond myself and play a type of tennis I wouldn't even think of".Well Gail your next match is against Ernest Gulbis and that is going to be a cracker also.And for Thomas back to the drawing board once again a let down and your clay court season is virtually over. Not every one struggled and The courts are alive with the sound of Maria Sharapova who had an easy win, as did Smoking Joe Tsonga and Richard Gasquet.

Well Caroline Wozniacki scored a solid win over GB up and comer Laura Robson. Many tipped Robson for a win including me! But Robson had 39 unforced errors and against Wozza you just cant have that many and win!Robson is like Wozza looking for a new coach. Well done to Aussie Nick Kyrgios who is the youngest player in the men's field took out veteran Stepanek 76 76 76.Fantastic for the young guy and this is were you want to be at 18 if you have any chance of top 100 aspirations.

My Top 3 Match of the Day 
Young Guns: I made a mistake yesterday of leaving out American Ryan Harrison in my young guns category. The 21 year old from Austin Texas showed he was not that big of a cowboy on clay beating Russian Andre Kuznetsov in straight sets. I have listed Young gun Aussie Bernard Tomic also 21 as one of my feature matches.I am sure security will be high with what has happened over the past couple of weeks with father John who is not allowed on the grounds of Roland Garros. Look Bernie has faults ..well a lot of them lets hope he goes out and plays a good match.Jack Sock also USA is another. I have featured Sock in my top 3 matches of the round also 21 has came through qualifying and is a young player  to keep an eye out for. Benoit Paire is 24 from France is a solid player and just scrapes in on my list. Will be a great match with him and Baghdatis today also.Aussie Ashleigh Barty who is just 17 plays Lucie Hradecka ranked 51 whilst Barty received a wild card is 174.A big day for the young Aussie. Barty is on my young guns team of course! Grigor Dimitrov is maybe the best young gun in men's tennis along with Raonic ...Grigor plays also today against Alejandro Falla

Marina Erakovic will have all of New Zealand hoping she can win today she plays Elena Baltacha a winnable match for sure ...one problem Marina has lost a lot of winnable matches!

Novak Djokovic is drawn today David Goffin 23 and for sure needs to go on my young guns list , this will be a good match Goffin can play.

The top shrieker is in Action also Victoria Azarenka with REDFOOL in her corner.

Yesterday I mentioned that USA Women player base and depth was on the up.Here is an article about that subject.HERE

Finally Rodgers tweet contest has G STRING in the lead! Still time to vote before he plays his next match.



This is a Day 3 Dirt File Report.

No comments:

Post a Comment