Friday, May 31, 2013

Roland Garros 2013 The Daily Dirt Day - 6

Recap: Rain Rain Go Away! Very frustrating for players but no doubt frustrating for fans that turned up and expected to watch Rafa his match along with a few more will be scheduled today.I have been listening a lot to Radio Roland Garros ..turning the sound down on the television ..radio has delay but its so much more fun than the Television.Does get a little silly at times but you find it is very informative especially about the players .


It was time to hit the road For Li Na , the knock out blow delivered by American Mattek-Sands . Have I mentioned how the American women are really on fire this tournament.Do not believe everything you read tennis in the USA is very competitive , very intense and would be a great place for good young juniors from our side of the world to play tournaments and gain invaluable experience . We have the idea that we must get to Europe! USA is a cheaper location and as I said a good environment for junior tournaments.


Hold on to your hats New Zealand , yes Marina has made it to the 3 rd round. She now plays American Sloane Stephens.
Anything can happen ,as we know clay is not Erakovic's favourite surface but this is tennis and anything at grand Slam level especially in the Ladies can happen.One of the commentators on radio said "how will New Zealand react"?
I think they thought dancing in the streets ..alas they have no idea of the tennis environment in this country.Marina of course attracts most of the funding  and Guys like Rubin Statham New Zealand No 1 male
receives little or no support from TNZ and refuses to play Davis Cup.Recently Cameron Norrie top 10 ITF junior defected to Great Britain.Let me have a dig at Great Britain right now ..no female from GB progressed past round 1.A nation that pours millions of Dollars into their tennis program each year is very much an under achiever.

I have mentioned a Blog called PsuedoFed before it really takes the "mickey" out of Federer...but you have to laugh... he writes as if Fed is writing to his fans here is a small section from his latest post 

"Hello Mon fans,
I thought it was time to make the little waves and say hi from Paris (France).
Even though I have a reasonably good route on My way to the finals, I’ve been a little down lately. The fact that I have to play at all is starting to dwell on the brains. I chatted about it yesterday with Roland and he said that next year he will look at having three draws, two for the other players that reach a semi-final, and the winner plays Me. I said I’ll think about it.
Anyway, I thought I would share what irritates Me a little bit of the times. Pet Peeves I believe they are called but as always fans, don’t buy them, get them from a shelter.

Here is the Link for the blog site CLICK HERE
Lots of great matches today below are my top three .
Benneteau has home town support , has beaten Rodger this year but lets face it he's up against the G.O.A.T Will the USA keep on a role with Lepchenko can she get past the 8 th seed.And can Simon play better than he did against Hewitt ..he will have to against the big serving Sam Querrey.

This has been a day 6 Dirt File Report.




No comments:

Post a Comment