Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 1 Wimbledon


Day 1 Wimbledon provided a few tests ,close matches and a few minor upsets.The biggest upset of the day was in the men's American James Blake,The 17th seed was upset in straight sets 7-5, 6-4, 7-6 (7-5) by the Italian Andreas Seppi.A fatigued Blake admitted afterwards that it was difficult to stay focused while playing so much tennis and believed the tour calendar attributed to the withdrawal of defending Wimbledon Champion Rafael Nadal.Well Mr Blake toughen up!!! its the same for everyone you have been an underachiever in Grandslam's your Wimbledon track record is not great and now you have time to recover seeing you have exited in the first round...make the most of it.Here are some quotes from he first day.

"Everyone is from Russia. Sometimes I think I'm from Russia, too. I feel like, you know, okay, all these new ‑ovas. I think my name must be Williamsova.” Serena Williams

Nobody can tell me to stop grunting. If they have to fine me, go ahead, 'cause I'd rather get fined than lose a match because I had to stop grunting. That's all. If people don't like my grunting, they can always leave," Michelle Larcher De Brito

I was kind of thinking about what the towels were going to look like this year. They're really nice."
Laura Robson, when asked her thoughts in the locker room before hand.

My tips for round one saw me select 21 winners of the 30 matches i selected , I will post Day 2s tips here later.Wimbledon is underway on with the show!
Visit the official Wimbledon website at this link

No comments:

Post a Comment