Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wimbledon -Day 6


Murray "mania" marched on with his straight sets win over Viktor Troicki 6-2 6-3 6-4,Llyeton Hewitt proved his win over del potro was no "fluke" and he had a tougher time in winning also in straight sets from Philipp Petzschner .However these men's seeds exited in Round three David Ferrer (16),Nikolay Davydenko RUS (12),and Fernando Gonzalez CHI (10).The top womens seed is through with Safina defeating Kirsten Flipkens 7-5 6-1.Jelena Jankovic at one stage looked like she would have to be carried of in stretcher after medical timeout , she continued play but wont be continuing in the tournament losing to young American Melanie Oudin .Svetlana Kuznetsova is also packing her bags losing to surprise package Sabine Lisicki of Germany in two sets.One player I haven't mentioned but have been keeping a close watch on is Denmark's Caroline Wozniacki who is through to week 2 with a win also.

Quotes of the Day

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA on how she was feeling during her loss "I wasn't feeling my comfort at all. I was not moving much and I was not doing my thing. I didn't serve."

Well hello was this not a 3rd round match to get to the second week? Just come out and say today I was beaten by a better player.

ANA IVANOVIC on her relationship with Australian Golfer Adam Scott "Well, I think, you know, I rather talk about my tennis at the moment. Yeah. I wouldn't like to comment on that. It's great to see familiar faces I think in your box when you look for support."

Interesting couple Adam promises so much also but fails to deliver in the big events.

VENUS WILLIAMS on what she may do on the rest day at Wimbledon, "I haven't quite planned out what I'm doing. I always enjoy myself, so every day's fun that I'm alive. It's good."

And Amen to that sister bring on Week 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment