Friday, June 25, 2010

Inside Wimbledon- Serena Not Happy



Earlier this week Serena had been tweeting how she had been practicing her curtsy on the eve of the Queens visit.She said it was the best curtsy ever! You can imagine how she felt when the Daily schedule was released and she found her self on court 2.What the XXXX the Queen of tennis being snubbed by the Queen of England?I tweeted yesterday that Serena would not be happy and pity her poor opponent.So she stepped out on court 2 and "pounded" her opponent 6-0 6-1. She had this to say “I don’t think I should be out there,” the world number one told reporters after booking a last-32 date with Slovakia’s Dominika Cibulkova.

“Naturally I thought, ‘Well, why wasn’t I on Centre or at least No. 1? I guess they wanted to put Roger (Federer) and (world number 21) Sam (Querrey) and everyone else there. I’m over talking about it,” she added abruptly while indicting she was no longer prepared to be quizzed on the topic.She did get some consolation from the reception from the crowd “The only way to console me was… I just saw so many kids, these little girls, these little boys.

“A lot of these people can’t get into the Centre Court … that definitely made up for it, to see fans I wouldn’t normally see.”

Who made up the schedule and how did they come about selecting the players on Center Court.Rafael Nadal had been invited to meet the queen with other players and former players earlier, but as he has a match declined not wanting to break routine!He was expecting her to stay and watch later his match but the queen left after the Murray match and must not be into under pants picking!

I mean even Rodger can feel a little peeved off who in fact was not even on the schedule for Day Four of the championships.And yes Serena has every reason to be unhappy. Watch out opponents!

No comments:

Post a Comment