Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 2 Aussie Open

Going to make Day two report short.I guess the highlight for me on Day 2 was the return of Juan Martin Del Potro to the grand-slams after injury he defeated Dudi Sela in three sets , I felt he was still playing a little reserved especially on serve but great to see him back.Not only with matches going on all day the superstars also are on show on the practice courts.I managed a short glimpse of Nadal, saw Andy Murray ,Thomas Berdych and Tsonga tuning their shots ahead of matches that day.I thought the crowds were much bigger on Day 2 than Day 1.Watched Marin Cilic also and was impressed with his win over American Donald Young.Today I am in Hisense arena looking forward to seeing Fernando Verdasco and Novak Djokervic on what should be a very entertaining day.Just a short note on Lleyton Hewitt who went down to David Nalbandian, I am tipping this year to be his last on tour , he really should of beat Nalbandian last night because Nalbandian is not at his fittest , Hewitt showed all of his fight but he has lost a lot of speed from his surgery's and that for him is essential to compete against the top players there will be no return to the top 10 for him so Australian Sports reporters get used to it and stop writing up articles with high hopes of this,Hewitt's best days unfortunately for Australian Tennis are well behind him.I had a chance also to watch the oldest player in the event Male or Female Kimoko Date-Krumm get herself into a winning position with a 4-1 lead in the third set against 12th seed Radwanska of Poland only to go down 7-5 in the third.At 40 to compete against these younger women is incredible she brings an older game to the court but shows if executed well it stands up against the modern game.
I find myself writing this blog post at around 3-30am I woke and looked at my computer time of 5-30 which is what time I wake and start the day, had my shower tapped the door of Bernie the coach who is assisting me for a wake up call.... only to find that I was on New Zealand time! here in Aussie it was only 3-30am not 5.30am ahhhhhhhhhhh!

1 comment: